Dental crowns in Sedalia, MO are caps that go over treated teeth. These caps look like natural teeth and are always customized to match the shade and shape of your natural teeth. No one but you and your dentist will know it’s a crown!
We use dental crowns for a variety of reasons, including:
- After root canal treatment—The crown creates a buffer between your bite and your prepared tooth, preventing future damage.
- After trauma—A dental crown can support a tooth injured through trauma or deep decay.
- To conceal tooth flaws—A dental crown can cover discoloration, cracks, and an abnormally shaped tooth.
- To anchor a dental bridge—Dental crowns connect restoration teeth to healthy teeth to complete your smile.
- To cap a dental implant—A dental implant is a tooth root replacement, and the crown tops it to replace your lost tooth.
Dental crown longevity is based on several factors, including regular dental care, an excellent oral hygiene routine, and good habits.
If you follow your dentist’s advice, a dental crown can last for up to 10 years and even longer. Some dental crowns last for life.
Talk to Your Sedalia, MO Dentist
If you have a damaged tooth or want more information about our quality dental crowns, reach out to a team member today.